Welcome! My name is Sherrie Thornton and I am the fearless leader of the Chicks Who Stamp Team. I have been a paper crafter for more than 20 years. I went to my first SU! workshop in 2002 to learn how to expand my scrapbooking hobby into more than just stickers and paper, and it was an incredibly fun experience! I still remember the projects we made that evening. My demonstrator, Melanie, became a dear friend. We were living in Canada then but we have kept in touch all these years and I still treasure her friendship today! Once we returned to the states I continued to paper craft. I began to realize that finding supplies was not a problem. I was amassing quite a collection of supplies. However, I had trouble coordinating them. I never realized how many shades there were of each color! I also found a repeating occurrence of going to the craft store, seeing a new and really cool looking product that I wanted to try. I’d buy that product and take it home…. and there it would sit, sometimes because I was could not figure out how to achieve the results I expected(lack of training) or sometimes because once at home I became the victim of crafters block (no inspiration) and didn’t know where to go from there. I realized how much I missed my SU! demonstrator and all the fun and inspiration I received from her. In 2009, with much excitement, I joined the SU! family. However, I had two young children (that I homeschooled) so I didn’t feel like it was the right time to start a business or try to juggle holding classes and events. However, I loved the community of fellow stampers and the constant inspiration I received to create fun, beautiful projects for myself and my loved ones. We had a few more moves over the years until we settled in our current hometown just outside of Birmingham, AL and I began to miss attending classes and gathering with friends to craft together. My girls have grown quite a lot (one is already in college and the other driving) and I have decided to look for ways to develop more of a crafting community. My current upline is the super-talented Meg Loven, of Lovenstamps and being part of her team has truly revitalized my desire to be more active; however, she lives several states away and it’s just not possible to attend her team events. So I decided to start my own team – Chicks Who Stamp is about fellowship, service and expressing creativity. I have always loved to gather and craft with friends. In the years of our moves, when I had no community of fellow crafters to gather with locally, I found organizations that accepted handmade card donations and I enjoyed sharing my skills and love of crafting with those in need (and still do as often as I am able). But I think, in this busy world, we could all use a little more time relaxing and fellowshipping with others and what a better way than using the creative outlet of paper crafting!
Chicks Who Stamp Team is a developing community of stampers and paper crafters who learn and share together. All are welcome! Whether you are a hobbyist looking for discounts on your favorite products or wanting to establish your own business with unlimited earning potential doing what you love, you are welcome here. You can be as involved as you wish or as your time allows. I will never pressure you, but as I know, times and seasons change, and I just want yo to know that I am happy to assist you in whatever goals or desires you have with your SU! demonstratorship.
What do you get when join with Stampin’ UP! ?
- CREATE YOUR OWN KIT! The Stampin’ Up! $99 Starter Kit is the Ultimate Stampin’ Up! Bundle. Get YOUR CHOICE of up to $125 in products for $99 (that’s $26 in free products) and the kit ships FREE for another 10% savings. You can include products from any current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. Host rewards and Sale-A-Bration products are excluded.
- HAPPY SHOPPING! Enjoy 20 – 25% (or more) off your favorite Stampin’ Up! inks, paper, stamps, tools and more as long as you remain active.
- ORDER NEW PRODUCTS FIRST! View catalogs and pre-order new products before their official release (and at a discount) – one of my favorite benefits.
- DO IT JUST FOR YOU! There’s no obligation to host workshops or parties, sell products to others or make any purchases you don’t want to make!
- JOIN THRU ME! Those who purchase the kit and join through me instantly become a member of my Chicks Who Stamp team. I offer a positive, pressure-free, rewarding, community for passionate paper crafters!
- I WELCOME HOBBY STAMPERS! I know and understand the desire to be part of a community while being limited with time. I will be here to support you as a friend, fellow crafter or business partner no matter what your goals may be.
- EARN EXTRA CASH and/or free products! Stampin’ Up! offers a fun and creative opportunity to share your passion for stamping and earn extra income and product. The choice is yours!
- STAYING ACTIVE IN YOUR DEMONSTRATORSHIP. Once you join SU! and through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter you can take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. Stampin’ Up! quarters are Jan. – March, April – June, July – Sept., Oct. – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (which includes personal purchases) to renew for another quarter. Hint: Join at the beginning of a quarter for the longest window to enjoy benefits and reach your first $300 in sales. If you are only making purchases for yourself as a hobby, that’s approximately $25 a week spent doing something you enjoy. Very Doable! If you have even a FEW friends who purchase their crafting supplies through you (or subscribe to Paper Pumpkin) you can easily turn that income in the funds to maintain this fun hobby!
- JOINING IS RISK-FREE! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter, fabulous! You automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- THE PERKS ARE MANY! Aside from discounts, earning potential, and pre-order abilities, SU! demonstrators receive free publications and resources to support our hobby/business. We have access to demonstrator only websites and groups that provide constant sources of inspiration, instruction and information to help you maintain your activity (whatever the level you choose that to be). If you really want to dream big (like me) there are fabulous bonuses, trips and free product that can be earned. The possibilities are truly endless. How many hobbies can offer such rewards?
So, you see, there is really nothing to loose. Contact me with any other questions you have or to help you place your kit order. I would love to talk more with you about it and make sure you take full advantage of any special promotions that are going on.
Once you are ready, simply come here and CLICK to join!